Sometimes you may be asked to create a new settingskey for one of our products
(e.g. if we developed a customization for you or if a special configuration is needed, etc.).
To do so, please follow the six easy steps below.
Addons: AutoMerge, DocumentsCorePack, TelephoneIntegration
How to create a SettingsKey manually in MS CRM 2013 or CRM 2015, step-by-step description
1. Open CRM in the InternetExplorer.
2. Navigate to Settings within the CRM navigation.
Figure 1: CRM Settings in the navigation
3. Within the settings, navigate to MSCRM-ADDONS.com Products in the Extensions-area of the sitemap.
Figure 2: MSCRM-ADDONS.com Products in the CRM settings
4. Open the product record for which you need to create a new settingskey for with a double-click on it.
Figure 3: View of MSCRM-ADDONS.com Products
5. A new window opens. Within this new window, navigate to the MSCRM-ADDONS.com settingskeys in the
menu on top (see Figure 4) and click on the [Add New MSCRM-ADDONS.com Settingskeys]-button (see Figure 5).
Figure 4: View of MSCRM-ADDONS.com settingskeys-menu
Figure 5: View/add settingskeys of/to a MSCRM-ADDONS.com product
6. A new window opens. In this window, you have to define the name of the settingskey in the Name-field
and the value (true) in the KeyValue-field. Once done, save and close your settings.
Figure 6: Create a new settingskey for a MSCRM-ADDONS.com product
Please note: If the new key is intended for a client application like DocumentsCorePack or TelephoneIntegration, you need to restart the Client application.
Otherwise, the setting will not be applied to the Client.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.