Update: To test the compatibility of your phone system, please download the Phone Test Tool. A sptep-by-step user guide is in the ZIP-file included. The tool offers two commmunication channels (TAPI and SIP). You need only one of them to be able to use our CTI addon.
The goal of that blog article is to describe how to easily test whether TelephoneIntegration addon would work with customer PhoneSystem (PBX) either over TAPI or over SIP. This is the easiest 5 minute testing without any deep technical knowledge about TAPI or SIP.
Prerequisites & Checklist
1) Details of phone system:
a. Vendor name:
b. Model name:
2) Is a TAPI driver available for your phone system ? (yes/no)
If you are unsure, please check with your phone system vendor for availability.
3) If #2 is no: Is your phone SIP-based? (yes/no)
If you are unsure, please check with your phone system vendor for details.
4) Depending on Have you been able to verify compatibility using the information below?
In order to make the most out of the call please ensure that a person with rights to download/install software as well as a person familiar with the phone system is available during our call OR has been able to perform the below tests prior to our joint call.
TAPI-driver available for your phone system:
1. After installing and configuring the TAPI – driver for your phone system
2. Start Window Phone Dialer by pressing “Win+R” to call out the Run box, then type “dialer.exe” and hit Enter.
3. Type in the number you want to dial and then go to Tools and select Connect Using as you can see in the figure below.
Figure 2: Phone Dialer
4. Choose your TAPI line and press the [OK]-button. In this case, it is 3 CX TAPI line, but in yours, it might be something different.
5. Press Dial. You should see a new Dialing popup as you can see below.
Figure 4: The Dialing window
6. If you see the popup in point 4, your TAPI driver SHOULD be compatible.
If not, it´s not over - you should contact your TAPI driver vendor for consultation on installation and configuration of the TAPI driver showing the error message you received.
7. Please let us know the result of your tests!
SIP-based phone system:
1. Download a free SIP client for instance X-Lite here
2. Install it and start the X-Lite.exe application
3. Under menu Softphone choose Account Settings
Figure 5: Account Settings
4. Under User Details add your SIP user credentials like username, password and the SIP domain. Make sure you check the "Register with domain and receive calls" checkbox to be able receiving incoming notifications. Press the [OK]-button. This will automatically try to register SIP Client into your SIP domain.
5. If registration fails, you will see something like the figure below.
Figure 6: Failed registration
6. If registration succeeds, you should be able to see the window below.
Figure 7: Successful registration
7. Try dialing out and receiving calls. If all works well, we are on good track and it´s very likely that your system works with our solution.
Figure 8: Dialing and receiving calls
If a common general SIP softphone like X-Lite cannot connect to your SIP phone system, then you need to consult with your SIP phone system provider if your SIP settings data is correct.
8. Please let us know the results of your tests!
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.