If you upgrade from DocumentsCorePack (DCP) Server for MS CRM 2011 v5.5 to a higher version, you have to completely remove DocumentsCorePack Server for MS CRM 2011 from your CRM.
1. Please ensure that you have a backup of all your templates generated through DocumentsCorePack Client for MS CRM 2011.
Please note: After the complete removal of DocumentsCorePack Server for MS CRM 2011, the templates will be deleted!
Unfortunately, in DCP Server for MS CRM 2011 v5.5 there is no option to export all templates (this option exists with newer versions).
So you have to do this manually.
You have to open each template in DocumentsCorePack Client for MS CRM 2011 and save it to your local disc via the Save as functionality of Word.
As soon as the new version is installed, you can import all templates via the Import Template-functionality in the DCP Server Configuration.
2. Run the uninstall routine of DCP Server
Figure 1: Uninstall routine
3. During the uninstall, you will see the following message. Please click on the [Yes]-button in order to proceed.
Figure 2: Uninstall process - security message
If you have multiple organizations where DCP Server is installed, you will see also the following message. Please click on the [Yes]-button in order to proceed.
Figure 3: Delete all customizations? - question dialog
4. After the uninstall is finished, please verify that the DocumentsCorePackServerCore solution does not exist on your system. To do this, open CRM > Settings > Solutions and check if there still exists a solution named DocumentsCorePackServerCore.
Figure 4: Solution overview
If the solution exists, you have to delete it manually.
5. After that, you can install the newer version of DocumentsCorePack Server for MS CRM 2011.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.