The Lead Qualifier Plugin is a small solution that changes the process of creating a contact and account from the information within a lead. The main difference to the out-of-the-box-solution for this scenario within CRM 2013 is that no opportunity is automatically created within the process.
This allows CRM users to qualify a new lead at any time during the CRM working process. Moreover, the plugin allows the association of the lead to already existing contacts or accounts in addition to creating new entities of said types, which saves time and avoids duplicates.
The LeadQualifier plugin v1.0.1 comes with all solutions needed to work properly. Click here for free download!
The Lead Qualifier solution can be installed like any other solution via Settings > Customizations > Solutions.
How to use the Lead Qualifier Plugin, step-by-step descpription
First open your CRM-system and select any entity you want to work with e.g. Test TestContact1. Click on the [QUALIFY]-button at the top of the form.
The Qualify Lead-window appears.
Using the email adress provided in the lead, the following steps are carried out:
1. Find the exact email address in existing contacts. Please note: The following email domains will be ignored during the search, as they are too general and will lead to incorrect results. (This often concerns online email hosters).
2. Find accounts associated with exact matches from step 1
3. If no exact matches are found in step 1, the Qualify Lead-plugin will search for email addresses in the contacts that contain the domain-part of the leads' email address. (here: TestCompanyABC.com)
4. From the matches found in step 3, this plugin will find the associated accounts and add them to the suggested accounts drop down box.
5. If an existing account/contact is found within CRM, you can click on the […]-button in order to open that entity in a new tab/window (see Figure 5).
6. If none of the searches returns any results (either for contacts or accounts)m then the respective drop down box remains empty and only the Create new contact-option is available.
7. After making the selections and clicking on the [OK]-button, the correct account and contact are opened (newly created or existing, depending on selection made in the dialog) and the entities are associated in the correct fashion. The information available in the lead is also transferred to these entities.
If existing contacts or accounts have been previously associated with the lead (e.g. by using the Existing Contact/Account?-fields) then these are added and pre-selected in the respective drop-down boxes, even if they would normally not have been found by the email-based search.
The plugin replaces the standard [Qualify]-button within CRM 2013 (both, in the Lead Form and the Leads Grid View).
Due to the nature of the plugin (using a dialog), the possibility of qualifying multiple leads from the grid view is disabled. The [QUALIFY]-button within the lead form and the lead list view uses the same process.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to email@example.com.