Sometimes you may be asked to create a new settingskey for one of our products - for example, if we develop a customization for you or if a special configuration is needed, etc.
To do so, please follow the six easy steps below.
Addons: AutoMerge, DocumentsCorePack, TelephoneIntegration
Step-by-step: How to create a SettingsKey manually in MS CRM 2016 or MS Dynamics 365
1. Open your Dynamics 365 in your Browser.
2. Go to Settings within the Dynamics 365 navigation.
3. Within the settings, navigate to MSCRM-ADDONS.com Products in the Extensions-area of the sitemap.
4. Open the product record for which you need to create a new settingskey for with a double click on it.
5. A new window opens. Within this new window, go to the button on the right side, highlighted in yellow and click on it to see all records associated with this view.
After clicking the button, you are provided with the window below. Here you can see a list of all the settingskeys. By clicking the [ADD NEW MSCRM-ADDONS.com Settingkeys]-button you can create a new settingskey.
6. A new window opens. In this window, you have to define the name of the settingskey in the Name-field
and the value in the KeyValue-field. Once done, save and close your settings.
Please note: If the new key is intended for a client application like DocumentsCorePack or TelephoneIntegration, you need to restart the Client application.
Otherwise, the setting will not be applied to the Client.
That’s it! We appreciate your feedback! Please share your thoughts by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.