If you are using DocumentsCorePack with HTML this guidance will help you maximize your user experience. This blog article outlines:
How to enable file-based formatting with DCP
When you want to insert complex HTML codes or want to provide special formatting, you can use the following step-by-step instruction to achieve that.
1) Make sure your HTML code is valid and in a ready to use format within Dynamics 365.
Figure 1: HTML code
2) Insert the field into your Template by using the [Insert Field]-Button. Next select Insert as HTML like you can see highlighted in yellow below.
3) Click once into the field and navigate to ❶ Field Properties to open it.
4) Next, change the ❷ HTML Type to "Type 3" and click the [OK]-button.
5) Add the Settingskey "WordMailMergeHTMLUseBuilderFormatting" with the value "true" to your Word document properties. Here you can find a short description how to add the Word properties in DocumentsCorePack!
This gives you the possibility to define complex formats in your HTML code. To provide a coherent look and feel of the Template, you can mix it with your Word formats - just define a style within the Content Control properties. To do so, please follow the next steps:
How to enable field-based formatting with DCP
1) Click once into the Content Control and go to Developer to open the Properties like you can see highlighted in yellow in the figure below.
2) Check the highlighted checkbox and provide a Style - Heading 2 in this case.
3) You can either select a predefined Style from the list or create a new one via the [New Style...]-button. Right after you have made your formatting decision, you can click on the [OK]-button.